Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The "eye" in my art journaling....




My art journaling in progress. I don't seem to be adding photos of my artwork very often, so I thought I'd add these pics of some spreads I've started in my newest art journal. While playing around with the doodling in the top spread (I still need to do my journaling in the large eye area yet), my Mom came up with an idea for me to do with eyes. I don't recall now how the subject of eyes came up, but she suggested that I should incorporate an image of an "eye" in every single spread I create. Whether it be the focal point, or as my Mom put it, somewhere almost hidden, or discreet. "What a marvelous idea!" I said to her. So, that is what I am doing throughout this whole new art journal!
Notice the eye in the blueberries and the huge eye shape in the top spread? The eyes in the windows of the houses in the bottom spread? And yes, there will be eyes in the middle spread with my "Maple Key Madams"! Hmm, maybe I will add eyes to their "maple key" wings! lol Brilliant idea there, Mom, thanks bunches!! :)

1 comment:

Joanne Huffman said...

The eyes are a wonderful person symbol for your art journal - looking both inward and out. Also, I love the pet photos.