Sunday, March 22, 2009

Next personal journal entry...




'Morning all! Above is my latest addition in my handmade personal journal. This spread was inspired by an incredible artist friend, Toni. Her vivid and lush imagination never fails to blow me away. The inspiration she gave me put in mind a special memory that I hold close to my heart. It's of times spent as a little girl in the vast garden behind my Auntie Gert's great stone house. The cat I used in my little story is one of the cats I have now; and yes, her name is Angel Pudding! I have added a photo of her.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your trademark woman looks as though she likes her surroundings! Love the edgings. What size is this binder? Do you use cardstock or something heavier for the pages?

Vale said...

Thanks Lizbeth!
The journal is a binder that I cut down. The journal itself is 7 3/4" X 11 1/2", with the pages just 1/4" smaller. I used actual cardboard inserts out of cardboard boxes. It makes for a very sturdy surface! I've prepped every page with gesso.
Vale :)

Toni said...

Oh that woman and her cat!!! Is that you? Gorgeous page. Isn't EVERYONE ready to go out and spin & twirl in the yard, blow bubbles, have a picnic?

Vale said...

Hi Toni!
Yes, that's me and my cat. lol I'm not a fan of summer whatsoever, but spring is so refreshing. Of course gardening comes much later for us up here in Ontario. I'll have to wait until the end of May/early June to go twirling amongst my flowers! I am so looking forward to it! lol Vale :D

Joanne Huffman said...

Vale, it's been a while since I've visited your blog. Your journals are lovely. I particularly like the fairy/paper doll and the cat lady at home. Your pages are colorful and expressive and always a delight to look at.

Joanne