Sunday, April 26, 2009

"COMP JOUR"


Over a period of just a few days I have been feverishly working on the beginnings of a composition journal, aka "comp jour". What I've been doing is creating backgrounds on pages to have at the ready for future "spur of the moment" writing. Here are photos of my Comp Jour #1 and the background pages I've done so far. The idea came from a fellow art journaling friend, Toni, in our Calendargirlz group. Toni creates fabulous art journal pages and truly has a beautiful gift for writing.























4 comments:

Trish said...

wow! All of your backgrounds are great, my fave is the first one:) I can't wait to see more!
Trish

Joanne Huffman said...

What wonderful pages to write on!

Toni said...

YES YES YES YES WOOT! WOOT! You've already made it your own, Vale -- with the images in the corners, and then some with images spread across the background ... LOVE that! My absolute favorite is the 3rd one down, what a fierce image that woman is -- is that a rubber stamp? And the background color. CLAP CLAP CLAP! see, it's not 'my' technique, it's just 'A' technique and man, if you love visual pages to go with your writing, this is the way to go. crapola, you've made me ITCH to go home and get into my journal -- that is a very very very good thing! [& thank you for the shout out, too, Woman ... I love you back!]

Anonymous said...

Now just send that comp book to me, please! I am too lazy to prep pages like that. Guess I gotta bear down and do it, though.